[Closed] ordering sticky posts

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 Erik
Topic starter
(@erik)
Eminent Member

Feature request: it would be nice for an admin or mod to be able to set a specific order for sticky posts from the back- or frontend. Often, you'd like to rank things in order of priority, which can change over time..

Thanks

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @erik,

Here is a custom function that may help to sort sticky topics:

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/sticky-posts-need-them-in-a-certain-order-regardless-of-current-posts/#post-21515

3 Replies
 Erik
(@erik)

Eminent Member

Hi @sofy, thank you. I saw that post, but that's not something our forum admin or mod could do. Besides, we would have to change it quite regularly in order to re-rank the priority of sticky posts..

It would be great for an admin or mod to be able to do this from the back- or frontend 🙂

Alvina
(@alvina)

@erik,

You can do any change you want using wpForo template files. Here is the documentation for update-safe template customization: 

Erik
(@erik)

Eminent Member

Thank you @alvina. I am not yet sure how altering a template file will enable a moderator to re-rank sticky posts from the front- or backend, as there must be some sort of storage of the ranking order in the database as well I guess... But it is an interesting subject nevertheless which I wasn't aware of. I'll dive into it.