3 Users
0 Likes
10.7 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi jost,

thank you for your interest in wpForo and helping to make it better. We just did another test and we have no clue why you get 360 database queries. The topic load queries are 72 wpForo Core + 7 WordPress Core. In total they are 79. Here is the result of our Query Monitor:

Please make sure you don't have other plugins enabled and you've not set hundreds of post per Topic page in settings.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

During the last month we've made lots of improvement in wpForo next version. The next 1.2.1 comming soon. At the moment I'd recommend do this small change which may decrease your SQLs 30% off. This was a bug in 1.2.0 version.

Open /wpforo/wpf-includes/class-permissions.php file

Find this line:

if( isset( $this->wpforo->post_options['lang'] ) && $this->wpforo->post_options['lang'] ){

Change to this:

if( isset( $this->wpforo->general_options['lang'] ) && $this->wpforo->general_options['lang'] ){

It should look like this:

jost
Topic starter
(@jost)
Eminent Member

Since im new to wpForo, im hoping this is a misconfiguration on my part, because I really want to use it.   As you know dealing with your customers, its very easy for them to screw something up with new software 😉  ( I do support too ).  

The query count was for ALL queries run on a topic/thread page.  I just filtered the wpForo specific queries when reading a thread/topic, and here is a snapshot.

193?-ish queries total.

jost
Topic starter
(@jost)
Eminent Member

I had recently added RECENT TOPICS and RECENT POSTS widget in the sidebar too.  Just an FYI.

See anything strange????

jost
Topic starter
(@jost)
Eminent Member

I found something very interesting.

Here is a list of query counts by CALLER.  Look at the total time.

Even with a lot of queries, it looks very fast to me.  Will dig into what else could be effectively slowing things down.  Its a fast machine.

Page 2 / 4