[Solved] Please help me remove this weird SVG that shows up on menu

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Taliia
Topic starter
(@taliia)

Hello,

I just want to first say it's an honor to be and I really love the family of plugin you made.  I bought all the add ons for both the forum ad discuz. 

1.  On my forum, I have a weird SVG that shows up by "Profiles" and I have no idea how/why it got there, but more importantly-how to get rid of it, so my forum looks clean for my fans. 

2.  I am integrating via WP fusion with Buddypress and have my fansite community there, I was wondering how to I change the name of "My Profile" to something else like "My Forum Statistics", this way my users who are using their main profile and functionality inside my community don't get confused when they visit this page.  This would be an easy resolve.  Additionally on the top of profile page, it shows the information as "Forum Profile" next to the option to click on "Main Profile".  For the same logic, it would be nice to change those wordings to "Forum Statistics".  This would be easy to digest as my subscribers would understand what it is and that they can see other member's statistics as well, without the confusion of 2 profiles.  

I attached 1 picture that shows both these issues.  Thank you in advance for your help!!

11 Replies
 fawp
(@fawp)
Reputable Member

@Taliia changing the wording is easy - wpForo has a dictionary in place for this.

Just go to Forum Dashboard -> Phrases, then search for "Profile". When you have found the sentences you want to change edit them and change the text as needed.

As for the weird SVG, I can't understand which one you are referring to in the picture? What does the SVG look like?

6 Replies
Taliia
(@taliia)

@fawp Thanks for the first part, truly appreciated.  

Here is another picture and notice how weird the arrow is by profile and it's not even selected, it is always there, you can even see it on the page. 

fawp
(@fawp)

Reputable Member

@taliia Ok I see it now.

Does it apply only to logged in users?

Taliia
(@taliia)

@fawp It applies to everyone unfortunately

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @taliia

@fawp It applies to everyone unfortunately

Maybe this is the cause?

<script type="text/javascript">
			window.flatStyles = window.flatStyles || ''

window.lightspeedOptimizeStylesheet = function () {

Taliia
(@taliia)

@dimalifragis You would know much better than me.  To be accurate, I'm not savy with coding and just installed plugin as is and use CSS Hero to tweak a few colors that standard grouped sets affected to my objection.  How do I fix/remove this?  I'm not a computer coding jedi and just a simple one woman army. 

I have no personal information on my site yet , nor any fans have joined yet.  I  have no trouble giving you access, if you are willing :)?  No pressure either way

I'm hoping to film tutorials for my website and without that eye sore lol

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis You would know much better than me.  To be accurate, I'm not savy with coding and just installed plugin as is and use CSS Hero to tweak a few colors that standard grouped sets affected to my objection.  How do I fix/remove this?  I'm not a computer coding jedi and just a simple one woman army. 

I have no personal information on my site yet , nor any fans have joined yet.  I  have no trouble giving you access, if you are willing :)?  No pressure either way

I'm hoping to film tutorials for my website and without that eye sore lol

That script is injected by your theme, so i can't help in that.

Below are some errors of your pages, i posted.

Press F12 and see them in your Browser console. Some shorcodes or something like that for bbpress? Also not related to wpForo. Some plugin?

dimalifragis
2 Replies
Taliia
(@taliia)

@dimalifragis Thansks I obviously stopped using bbpressure (lol) and now using WPForo 🙂 

I just deleted that plugin that's no longer needed. Does the rest look better to you now?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dimalifragis Thansks I obviously stopped using bbpressure (lol) and now using WPForo 🙂 

I just deleted that plugin that's no longer needed. Does the rest look better to you now?

Yes, all looks ok.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

1.  On my forum, I have a weird SVG that shows up by "Profiles" and I have no idea how/why it got there, but more importantly-how to get rid of it, so my forum looks clean for my fans. 

This issue has been fixed.