[Closed] Problem with registration

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mondesensuel)
Trusted Member

Hi !

I have a problem when an user want to register to my forum.

He can't choose a password when he registered.

How change this ? 
I have User Custom Fields, and password must be done.

But, nothing. When I go to tools, privacy and rules, I don't have anything about it. The same form dashbord forum... 

It's a big problem !

If a new member register it, he reciew a mail with no link to create a password. He has his name, and a message to create a password, but no link...

7 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @mondesensuel

Hi !

I have a problem when an user want to register to my forum.

He can't choose a password when he registered.

How change this ? 
I have User Custom Fields, and password must be done.

But, nothing. When I go to tools, privacy and rules, I don't have anything about it. The same form dashbord forum... 

It's a big problem !

If a new member register it, he reciew a mail with no link to create a password. He has his name, and a message to create a password, but no link...

Hi @mondesensuel,

The big problems come when people don't read the documentation.

You should disable the Email Confirmation registration type to see the password fields. Please find it in the Forums > Settings > Features admin page. The option name is "Enable User Registration email confirmation" The documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-settings/features/#registration-email-confirmation

(@bhoernchen)

sorry if i ask now .. because i have exactly the same problem .. the link for the is missing
[Set_password_url]
[Reset_password_url]
in the corresponding emails when they arrive at me .. when registering a user ..
Do I now have to install a registration plugin so that the forum fulfills such basic functions.
I'm going to take a backup now and I'll test it .. And I don't want to tell you how to do it .. But somehow an error message for what I think is appropriate, otherwise you did a cool forum ..

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

The thing is all registrations, logins, users, are handled by Wordpress core and not wpForo. wpForo just provides a form for them.

So your problems do not come from wpForo.

People are having problems with registrations and emails but all those are not something that wpForo has NO control.

Your problems come from other places, usually plugins. Follow the standard WP debug methods. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

(@bhoernchen)

I wonder what you want to tell me with that ..
I'll try something, because apparently everyone has solved the problem, or never had it to me.
I have now
in my new current version wordpresse version (5.3.2)
On my php version 7.2.x.
And my wpforo 1.6.5
And this is the domain.. http://forum3.nerd-thinks.de/
the Ulima member is installed and can register .. since I need it anyway .. now I just have to bend the links and the problem should be solved ..
I just don't think everyone did here ..

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @bhoernchen,

Do you want to enable password field on registration form too? If so, please follow to my reply above, if not, your post is not related to this topic, I'll move it.

1 Reply
(@mondesensuel)

Trusted Member

@robert it's currently my problem. 

Page 1 / 2