2 Users
0 Likes
Florian
Topic starter
(@florian)
Estimable Member

Hey,

I am adapting the privacy policy and I just got to this part:

Additionally, whilst using the [forum-name] the following information may be collected (not public):

• Internet Protocol (IP) address (not public)

• Geographical location

• Browser type and version (not public)

• Operating system (not public)

• Referral source (not public)

• Length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other related browsing activity

Where, how and why is this data stored? Is this activated by default? Can I disable some of that? I want to minimize personal data collection that I don't absolutely need.

2 Replies
Florian
Topic starter
(@florian)
Estimable Member

Nevermind, I've noticed that my website privacy policy already mentions the exact same points! 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is a regular Privacy Policy template in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Privacy & Rules admin page. This also covers your website and WordPress. They are not saved, they are just automatically detected buy server. This are the minimal information coming from IP Address and User Agent. wpForo doesn't collect those and save, however these are collected by 99% WordPress websites so we added it in Privacy Policy template.

The only information is being temporary saved is this: Length of visit, page views (forum and topic views). And the text already says why those are saved.