Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] RSS, can guests use RSS in forums they have no access to?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@bba01)
Eminent Member

1. I saw in a recent post that you guys would add the option to disable RSS. Is there a way? I haven't figured out how.

2. Can users with the RSS address read new topics in user restricted forums that they do not have access to the usual way?

3. I'm running wpForo on a site with woocommerce. I get these two icons on the wpForo user profile page. The first link/icon isn't a link, it's just an icon. The second one goes to mysite/myaccount which is a woocommerce page. Is there a way to remove these or is it a woocommerce issue?

Thank you for a nice plugin.

With best regards,

bb

4 Replies
1 Reply
(@bba01)

Eminent Member

I got some kind of php error trying to upload the picture. This is my second try.

Last try, I renamed it from wpforo.jpeg to something else.

This is the error code: 

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpeh5dd3' to '/home/wpforo/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1498688800-asfasfasfasf.jpg' in /home/wpforo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/wpf-hooks.php on line 1522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wpforo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/wpf-hooks.php:1522) in /home/wpforo/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1210

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please try to upload a file in WordPress media library? Navigate to Dashboard > Media > Add New and try to upload the same file. I think you have either disk space or upload permission issue. wpForo works just fine the problem comes from your server.

1 Reply
(@bba01)

Eminent Member

1. You didn't answer my question about the RSS. That was the most important.

2. It's not my server I tried to upload on, it's yours. My server and wpForo work excellent.

Regards,

bb

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

1. You didn't answer my question about the RSS. That was the most important.

I'm sorry but there is not way to disable RSS. We'll add an option in future releases.

2. Can users with the RSS address read new topics in user restricted forums that they do not have access to the usual way?

Non-permitted users and guests can not see the private topics and posts

2. It's not my server I tried to upload on, it's yours. My server and wpForo work excellent.

Our server disk space was full last days. That was the issue. Even at the moment we do some work on server and it may be full time to time within next 1-2 days.