Clear all

[Closed] Topic prefixes

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jatin)
Eminent Member

I have seen nice tags next to your posts. For example Suggestion etc. How to enable it ?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @jatin,

That's called "Topic Prefix", I changed the topic title. This feature comes with wpForo Topic Prefix and Tags Manager addon, this is the only addon we use here at wpForo support forum.

forummember
(@forummember)
Estimable Member

Hi @robert, how can allow my forum contributor to create Topic Prefix, for now only the admin can create a prefix. Please guide. Thanks

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@forummember,

Topic prefixes are not topic tags, they are pre-defined categorizing terms and should be a few 5-10 or up to 20.

If you let your users create prefixes, they'll create hundreds of prefixes. You'll not be able to use the prefix drop-down because of the big number of items. Instead of prefixes, your users can create tags for each topic, so the tags are the alternative to the topic prefixes for regular users.

There will never be an option to let users create prefixes. It's like allowing users to create forums.

forummember
(@forummember)

Estimable Member

@robert how about only the contributor how can I allow him to add topic prefix? As a contributor he/she should allow to add topic prefix.