Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The users have register and login before download something from my forum. How to set this?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kevintian)
Eminent Member

There is some information in my forum which is very useful, but people could download it for free without even registering. How should I set up this?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @kevintian,

First, you should decide whether the forum and topic should be accessible for Guests or not. If they should have an access to read the content, but they should not be able to download the content, then you should go to Dashboard > Forums > Forum Accesses Tab, edit the "Read Only" access and disable the "Can view attached files" permission.

2 Replies
(@kevintian)

Eminent Member

@robert Do you mean here? I have unchecked it, but it still can be download when I'm not logged in. Will it take some time to react after it is updated?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@kevintian,

Please specify what do you mean saying "It can be downloading", are you calling the file direct URL? It cannot be seen. So visitor cannot guess the URL. 

In case you want to make the URLs secure and restrict access even with the URL, you should check out the wpForo Advanced Attachments addon: https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-advanced-attachments/

In the addon settings page (Forums > Settings > Addons > Advanced Attachments) you can find Secure Attachments URL and the description how to use it: