Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Users require moderation approval to load profile pictures

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dehaven)

I'm just getting started and one of my user was frustrated by not being able to upload an image to his profile. I am using the wpForo profile option (instead of the Ultimate Member profile). Then I noticed something was awaiting moderation. This is a close-knit group and I don't want to require approval of anything. I've installed User Role Editor but I cannot figure out how to pre-approve all profile modifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can edit their profile IS checked

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @dehaven,

Posted by: @dehaven

I've installed User Role Editor but I cannot figure out how to pre-approve all profile modifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wpForo doesn't have such an option/feature that will need admin/moderator to approve users made changes to their account.

Check this topic about wpForo Usergroups, Forum Accesses and WordPress User Roles:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

Posted by: @dehaven

This is a close-knit group and I don't want to require approval of anything

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab, in the New Registered User Field you can let all new users to create a topic without the need of getting approved. But that's not recommended, and the reason is that the spammers will be able to make spam posts.

Topic starter
(@dehaven)

Thank you Chris. Please leave this open for the time being. I am going to ask the user to recreate what he did because I did not read the moderation request carefully.

Topic starter
(@dehaven)

Thank you for leaving this up. I think everything is resolved now. You can close/delete it if you want.