Clear all

[Closed] Ux needs work to

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@nicolasiac)

I have found the following ux problems. 

1. New user clicks on new topic. It shows a very small popup which displays only for 3 seconds. My opinion is that it should redirect to the login/registration page.
  2. Registering redirects the user to its profile. Huge form and most of the users will not bother to change anything here. It is not clear where the user has to click to close the profile page and visit the forum. 
  3. Redirecting or login does not take the user back to the selected topic
4 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

There is a redirect setting in setting mate. When people log in, you can direct them to whatever thread you like. 

When i have new members sign up, when they first log in, the are diverted to the "new members" section

And also, when i log in here, it takes me back to whatever thread i was looking at, i don't have to find it again. 

And I have change that pop up to login/ register too but forgot how lol, i know it can be done though

Everything on the list can be done already mate. Im sure a proper member of the team will be able to tell you who 

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @nicolasiac,

1. New user clicks on new topic. It shows a very small popup which displays only for 3 seconds. My opinion is that it should redirect to the login/registration page.

I've just  asked the developers and currently I'm waiting response from them. I'll update the topic asap.

2. Registering redirects the user to its profile. Huge form and most of the users will not bother to change anything here. It is not clear where the user has to click to close the profile page and visit the forum. 

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page, find the "Custom Redirection URLs after following actions:" and fill the value of the "Redirect after login" and "Redirect after registration" as you need.

https://www.screencast.com/t/QHHfVAZp9yS4

2 Replies
(@nicolasiac)

@alvina I saw the option about points 2 and 3. But this doesn't help.

Suppose the user selected a forum and wants to add a new topic or has selected a topic and wants to leave a reply. If the user logins then I cannot redirect him back to the forum or topic he was watching. What if the topic was on another page? This means after login or register the user must again scroll through all the topics of the forum and find the one he was watching to leave a reply. This is not very user friendly.

Alvina
(@alvina)

@nicolasiac,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We'll add this to our to-do list and try to implement it in the near future releases.