[Closed] Which Is Best WP Plug-in To Block Spamming

11 Posts
6 Users
5 Reactions
raavikant
Topic starter
(@raavikant)

Hi,

I am building a forum website for general discussion from all around the world. I was thinking of configuring an anti-spamming plug-in but I have no idea which is trusted or not. If you have any knowledge of the best Plug-in kindly let me know.

10 Replies
1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @raavikant

Hi,

I am building a forum website for general discussion from all around the world. I was thinking of configuring an anti-spamming plug-in but I have no idea which is trusted or not. If you have any knowledge of the best Plug-in kindly let me know.

Really? You don't say ....

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Posted by: @raavikant

of the best Plug-in

I can't say if it's the best, but I use Clean Talk on several sites and have no problems with spam

raavikant
Topic starter
(@raavikant)

Ok, thanks baddy!!

Let me check it.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I would only suggest Antispam BEE. Do not use Cloud services.

And again, best way is to block spammers of anykind (posts, profiles) before registation and not after login.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @dimalifragis

And again, best way is to block spammers of any kind (posts, profiles) before registration and not after login

This x1000. I prefer a proper firewall.

And if they don't reference one of or preferably both SFS and PH they are useless.

I use Zero Spam on some of the sites I manage but only as a backup to a Firewall. 

4 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@verek I use that plugin Zero Spam as well, and it is absolutely effective at killing spam, you don't need to pay for the premium version to have excellent protection btw. 

Another plugin which is exceptional against spam is called User Verification, both plugins combined have been effective combating %100 spam registrations and spam comments on one of the blogs I manage which was being absolutely bombarded by those.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@realact 

I especially like that you can block whole email domains, like banhammer of yore.

I don't like that you cannot block whole IP ranges in CIDR format, not in the free version at least. Then again, that is what the firewall is for.

I am not sure of the utility User Verification, WPforo can also be set for email verification for new signups. Unless you are allowing signups through other systems...

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@verek NinjaFirewall free version + CIDRAM IN .htninja auto-prepended. Block CIDRs and ASNs and whatever you want.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@dimalifragis 

😀

We have been through this, I don't need no GUI. I go with something more versatile that can do all those things. And more, like turn the ***holes back onto their own IPs with the equivalent of

http://%{REMOTE_ADDR}/ 
Page 1 / 2