Topic Tags
3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Mark,

yes, wpForo is Multi-Site compatible, you can install and test it.

Topic starter
(@markransome)
Eminent Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however could I just ask a couple more questions?

Okay, I love your software and your documentation is great too and it looks perfect for what I want, but let me explain what I am trying to achieve before I end up in a mess!

I do some volunteer work for a national UK support charity and they want me to try and build a national forum but split up into the different counties of the UK (there are 48!). So, what I don't want to do is just create one big forum, that would be just too big and maybe confusing! What I want to achieve is where a user only has to register once, but split up the forum into Staffordshire, Derbyshire and so on, so from the homepage they choose the county where they live which takes them to say for example, www.mydomain.co.uk/staffordshire and their local forum.

Now I was originally looking to do it with WP Multi-site and sub-domains, but having read your documentation, am I right in saying that I can achieve this without the complications of Multi-site and sub-domains and just use "short-codes"?

Does this make sense?

Kind regards and really look forward to your reply!

Mark

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @markransome,

I think yes you can reach this using wpForo shortcodes. So you'll have a list of forums on the main page, and you'll be able to display each forum on separate pages. 

More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-page/wpforo-shortcodes/

In this case, the forum base URL is one for all. All shortcodes are only designed to show to the first list, but paginations and links go to the main forum page with the main forum slug. So the pages with custom shortcodes are not separate forums, they are just a list of current view but all content is linked to the main forum page and being opened under Base Forum URL/Slug.