Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WPFORO + WPML

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mraniwene)

Hello, there is no doubt that wpforo and wpml are the best in their categories, of forums and multilanguage translations. I am using both of them. I have created two boards in wpforo, one english, one kiswahili. I have also created two WPML languages, one english one kiswahili. 

• Whether i am in swahili or english language (wpml) only the english forum is shown. I have tried every way possible including giong to the direct url link of the swahili board, still it will show the english forums. 
  • The boards both have same id (Board ID is different but page id is same) - i tried to change id to make the different, didnt help still same issue. 
  • I dont find the strings of wpforo in wpml, so also this doesnt work. 

My question, how do i make this work? I would like to just simply be able to view english forum when language is english and swahili forum when language is swahili. 

PLease note, when i use the url currently of the swahili forum it still shows the english forum. 

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Could you please provide your website URL to allow us to check the issue?

Topic starter
(@mraniwene)

Thank you for your first response. I was able to fix the issue. 

• I went to my forum page, then located the translated page for it
  • I edited that (Translated page) in wordpress mode (so i can see the post id (that i found in the url of the edit page))
  • I copied that id number, went to wpforo boards to edit the board of the other language forum. In the post id i kept the id of that forum translated page. 
  • Now when in different languages the correct forums show 

So now the question is whether i can translate the strings. By strings i mean things like the buttons (Login & register) changing buttons and data within WpForo

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@mraniwene 

You can find the answer in this documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/wpforo-menu/