[Solved] Embed code in user profile about section

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Danno6116
Topic starter
(@danno6116)
Estimable Member

My user profiles are intended to showcase some of my clients. In testing, I have embedded videos from different platforms in the About ME section.

It seems to work just fine. 

Is this acceptable? Will I have issues with this in the future? How about security issues?

I also need to embed PDFs in this same section. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this?

I have purchased all the addons and they only work in posting on forums, Is there a fix somewhere so I can use these in member profiles? I know I have talked about this before. I know there is update coming soon, could these options be added in the next update?

This is a big deal for me.

Your feedback is very appreciated.

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

You can use the hook-code below: 

add_filter( 'wpforo_form_prepare_values', function($f){
    if( $f['name'] === 'about' ){
        $f['value'] = apply_filters( 'wpforo_body_text_filter', $f['value'], []);
    }
    return $f;
} );

Put the code in your active theme functions.php file. 

Danno6116
Topic starter
(@danno6116)
Estimable Member

1. I asked this question  in the original post

My user profiles are intended to showcase some of my clients. In testing, I have embedded videos from different platforms in the About ME section.

It seems to work just fine. 

Is this acceptable?

2. @sofy, I added the code you supplied and put it into a new PHP snippet on my board. What is the code above supposed to do specifically?

Many Thanks

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

The code provided above allows embedding videos, etc., in the About Me section. If embedding works without this code on your website, you may have some customizations in place. No issues were found in this topic.

Danno6116
Topic starter
(@danno6116)
Estimable Member

Thank You @sofy 

Â