Buddypress / Buddy ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Buddypress / Buddy Boss Notificaitons Suddnely Stopped Working. Help!

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

We're still running version 1.9.9.2. and for some strange reason, we've noticed that any forum notifications have suddenly stopped working with buddypress/buddyboss. I noticed this only in the past few days and there's been no changes that (I'm aware of) on our end that would have caused this. (no new plugins have been added since etc)

Also, we have not changed any of the settings within wpforo, either. So, I cannot understand why this would suddenly stop working. If someone replies to a thread or mentions a user with the "@" symbol, the red icon simply doesn't show up like it used to. In fact, as of now, there's actually no longer any record of any wpforo activity in the buddyboss notifications area when someone replies or mentions another user. Again, this wasn't an issue until a few days ago.

Below is a screenshot that shows our current buddypress related toggle settings. Please advise as to some of the possible issues that could be causing this, given the info that I have stated above. I do know that there was a recent buddyboss update in the last week or so, but I'm not convinced that's what causing this particular issue.

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @novedd,

I'm sorry, but we cannot support issues related to Buddy Boss. Please install a fresh WordPress with BuddyPress (not Buddy Boss) and test it.

Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

@robert We don't use buddypress as I stated above. The reality is that there are a lot of people that use buddyboss and wpforo. I understand that you're not going to help diagnose buddyboss issues (if it's even a buddyboss issue at all). However, If wpforo notifications are suddenly no longer working after a buddypress (or a buddyboss) update, then wouldn't you want to at least be aware of it?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@novedd,

You'll help us a lot if you install a fresh WP and buddyPress and test wpForo. I think it'll work fine, then install the BuddyBoss, I think it'll work fine too. In this case, the issues in the mix of plugins and themes in your real website. It something that cannot be debugged. However, we need to know that the fresh WP + BuddyPress or BuddyBoss works fine, or it doesn't.

Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

I think its suddenly working again. very strange! thank you