Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem displaying "" characters

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@upstartdm)
Trusted Member

One of our forum users has reported a bug when posts include "<" and ">" characters.

The problem appears to be that a blank space is needed to allow these character to display properly and they're complaining that any HTML, XML or batch code with redirection snippets are likely to be or become botched when included in a post. Happy to provide further details by private message - please contact me.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@upstartdm,

please send some example URL to info[at]gvectors.com email address. Also please register some new testing user and send the login details to us too. 

Topic starter
(@upstartdm)
Trusted Member

Happy to send the example URL where this issue has been identified but our security policy may not allow third party testing on the production site. However, I think this post itself displays at least part of the problem - if you look at the post title you can see that the more than/less than characters have been stripped by wpForo (I'm sure this is intentional to some degree - probably to prevent code being executed - but presumably these characters still need to be displayed somehow?)

In fact, I can try to demonstrate the issue here...

If I include the following on our own version of wpForo

[-i <file>]

it appears as

[-i]

i.e. the <file> string is stripped. Interestingly that doesn't happen here though...