Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] The main home page of the forum is not visible

9 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

@sophy I am also having a problem with the new update.  At first it was just the menu for the forum and for the forum address in the menu of my whole site  was off, fixed that by putting in a custom menu URL for the forum, but now the main home page of the forum is not visible to users, only the right sidebar. Can you help with this?  

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @jeanne,

Please update to the 1.7.6 and provide your forum URL. I think you put a wrong home menu. Make sure all caches are deleted after the update.

Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

I did the update.  My Forum URL is https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/   I had to change this menu address because right after the previous update, the old URL for the forum did not work. I deleted the caches after the update:  1. deleted all WPforo caches in the dashboard, and ran optimizer. 

The problem is that guests can not see the forum. 

Still not fixed.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jeanne,

There is no any problem. I see your forum as guest. All works fine:

This maybe local internet or device/browser cache only for you. There is no any problem with your forum.

Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

hI Robert,  This is strange because it doesn't work for me when logged out, and it doesn't work for my developer who is in Delhi.  I also will reach out to forum members but most are asleep right now.  

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jeanne,

I think that was a cache issue. Again, you should delete all kind of caches (cache plugin, CDN, browser cache, hosting cache if there is any). Sometimes, internet provider caches the site, so in a few hours you see the real result. I recommend check it using private session of browsers and 4G connection if the regular internet is not updated.

Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

Thanks.  It is now working on my phone but not on desktop so I think that it is cache and it will just take time to fix. I will check back in a few hours. Thank you for updating the plugin again so quicklyand for all of your help.  Best to you!

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jeanne,

Also try to delete all cookies of your browser and use other browsers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=delete+browser+cookies+and+cache

(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@Robert. All fixed.  Thank you again.  The second update solved the problem. 🙂