Warning: Illegal of...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Warning: Illegal offset type in...................../wp-content\plugins\wpforo\wpf-includes\class-members.php on line 2641

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@davemyon)
Eminent Member

Hello,

i just updated wpforo and now i have an error in this line of code

$fs[$kr][$kc][$field] = $this->get_field($field);

Below is the full code

public function fields_structure_full_array($fields, $need_password = null ){ if(is_string($fields)) $fields = maybe_unserialize($fields); $fs = array(array(array())); if(!is_array($fields)) return $fs; if( is_null($need_password) ){ foreach( $fields as $kr => $row ){ if( is_array($row) ){ foreach( $row as $kc => $cols ){ if( is_array($cols) ){ foreach( $cols as $kf => $field ){ $fs[$kr][$kc][$field] = $this->get_field($field); } } } } }

i have attached images for better understanding

Can any one help please? it's urgent. Thanks

10 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you for the information @davemyon,

We'll fix this asap.

6 Replies
(@davemyon)

Eminent Member

@robert Thank you for the quick response. Please what do i need to do to enable my users access their profile and accounts.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@davemyon,

i just updated wpforo and now i have an error in this line of code

$fs[$kr][$kc][$field] = $this->get_field($field);

Please let us know the following information:

•  Your Server Information. It can be found in the Dashboard > Forum > Dashboard admin page.
  • Is the wpForo – User Custom Fields add-on installed or not?
  • Have you added some additional codes added in the active theme functions.php file? 

We don't find such an issue on our test websites. This is something specific in your case. So please also send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us to check and fix the issue. 

Please what do i need to do to enable my users access their profile and accounts.

Do you mean this issue is caused by the Warning? 

(@davemyon)

Eminent Member

@sofy,

I have sent the login details to the email as required.

• user custom field addon-on is installed
  • i have not added any code to the active theme functions.php file
  • i have added the server version information below, it is a subdomain still at development to replace an asp.net website. but every thing work fine before the update this morning.

Thanks

USER AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36
Web Server Microsoft-IIS/10.0
PHP Version 7.3.18
MySQL Version 5.6.26
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@davemyon,

as described here the main changes in the core were made for wpForo User Custom Fields addon. This addon has become more powerful.  Besides the ability to create custom fields for users, now this addon allows you to create Custom Profile Tabs. This is a major change in the addon which required wpForo core update as well.

In your case, you've updated the wpForo plugin, but don't update the wpForo User Custom Fields add-on. So you faced the issue. 

You should either update the addon or follow the steps below to get the issue resolved:

1. Download the attached class-members.zip folder 

2. Copy the class-members.php file from the folder

3. Paste it to the /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/ folder

In other words, just overwrite the class-members.php file.  

(@davemyon)

Eminent Member

@sofy

Okay Thanks, will get back to update you.

(@davemyon)

Eminent Member

@sofy Thank you, it worked.

i used they file you provided to overwrite the existing one and the issue was sorted.

Thanks.

***** Wpforo custom user field is now not up to date, should i ever update it.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @davemyon,

We just released bug fix 1.7.6 version. Please update, then delete all kind of caches (plugin cache, CDN, optimizer, minifiers)

2 Replies
(@davemyon)

Eminent Member

Hi @robert,

Please,

• how do i remove the restrictions on new members use of private messages, i want new members to be able to send private messages immediately after registration. i have been able to achieve that with topics but not private messages.
  • The notification bells on my forum is not clickable.

Thanks

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@davemyon,

how do i remove the restrictions on new members use of private messages, i want new members to be able to send private messages immediately after registration. i have been able to achieve that with topics but not private messages.

You should configure the "Min number of forum posts user must have" option. The option is located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Private Messages admin page.   

The notification bells on my forum is not clickable.

Please open a new separate topic (private) and leave your forum URL with some testing user's login details to allow us to check the issue.