Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Account always gets accepted when email of forum administrator is used

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
nicoplat
Topic starter
(@nicoplat)
Eminent Member

Normally, when a user registers, the registration will not be accepted when the user uses an email address that is not already in use. However, when the same email address is used as the one that the forum administrator uses this is not the case: the registration gets accepted. After that, even thought the account has not been approved yet, that user has access to the forum. This seems like a bug(?).

5 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I tried for minutes to understand what you try to say, but failed.

Registration(s) is handled by Wordpress. Not by wpForo. And also what is "account approval" exactly. Doesn't seem like a WP standard feature. Do you use 3rd party plugins for registration and accounts ?

1 Reply
nicoplat
(@nicoplat)

Eminent Member

In our forum we require user approval when someone registers.

The situation is thus: when someone registers and this person use the same email address as the forum administrator, then this person gets access to the forum before the account is approved.

We do not use any 3th party plugins for registration and accounts. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: nicoplat

In our forum we require user approval when someone registers.

The situation is thus: when someone registers and this person use the same email address as the forum administrator, then this person gets access to the forum before the account is approved.

We do not use any 3th party plugins for registration and accounts. 

I'm sorry but what you describe above JUST CAN'T HAPPEN.

If you try to register ANY email that already exist, WP returns:

Register For This Site

ERROR: This email is already registered, please choose another one.

Also i don't understand how you manually approve users without a special plugin. There is no such option in WP.

1 Reply
nicoplat
(@nicoplat)

Eminent Member

You are right and I was wrong saying that we do not use 3th party plugins. I now see we do, we use "WP Approve User" for the (manual) user approval. So if there is a bug, it probably is there.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi nicoplat

Anonymous20 is right, there is no way to register two account with the same user. WP doesn't allow this, all issues you've described here are related to WordPress reg/login system, wpForo has no relation to these processes.