Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Add Topic not working for registered user

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@ppuchner)

Hi, I am trying to setup wpforo on my site and I am using UsersWP as my user plugin. I have tried to set the forum access as per your documentation, but I cannot get the Add Topic button to work for any user under admin level. For Admins, the Add Topic button show a URL link to the add topic functionality, but for Moderator, Auhtor and Registered, nothing happens.

Please help, site is at https://www.theglobalgame.net/community

Thank you, Peter

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ppuchner,

Please create a standard account in your site and send the login, password at info[at]gvectors.com

And link the topic URL in the email.

Topic starter
(@ppuchner)

Thank you, I have sent the email.

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ppuchner,

You have syntax error.

First delete the minify plugin caches, after deactivate the plugin and try again if the result will be the same let us know. But do not activate the minify plugin again, even if it won't solve the issue.

(@ppuchner)

@chris thank you. I deleted the minify cache and then de-activated the wp-Optimize plugin and now the forum works. 

Do you have a recommendation for a plugin which might work with wp-foro to speed up and minify/ compress the site? 

Thanks so much, Peter

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ppuchner,

I don't recommend to use minifying plugin on wpForo, If you're going to use minify plugin on your website, exclude wpForo from the plugin to get reed of other problems.

Topic starter
(@ppuchner)

Thanks So much Chris, really appreciate the help,

cheers, Peter