Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Adding custom profile tabs to top menu

5 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@alant)

Hello.  I'm seriously impressed with what you have created and the level of support you give your customers.  Very well done.

I've also purchased the User Custom Fields add-on for the custom tab feature, to better integrate the wpForo profile page with LearnDash and Woocommerce orders.  Specifically, I have created custom tabs for these, and added the shortcodes necessary to get the desired data to show on those tabs.

What I would like to accomplish next is to get these new tabs to show up in the top menu bar, under the Profile dropdown menu.  I would also like to reorder these items to match the custom order I've set for the tabs themselves.

Is there a way to do this currently without modifying the PHP code itself?  If not, will you consider adding this feature in the future?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @alant,

After creating a New Tab in Dashboard > Forums > Member Fields > Tab Manager, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, find the new created tab shortcode in the wpForo Menu Shortcodes Field,  insert the new shortcode in Custom Link > URL field and place the new Menu where you need it to be.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@alant,

If you need more help with wpForo Add-ons, please create the topic in gVectors forum:

https://gvectors.com/forum/

This support Forum is for wpForo Plugin, not for the Add-ons

Topic starter
(@alant)

Thanks, Chris. I'm even more impressed than I was before!

Didn't even consider the normal WordPress menu system might be used for this.  I had seen the shortcode list at the top of the menu page, but didn't look closely enough at it to see the newly added tabs.

And I apologize for using the wrong forum.  Expected that both the main plugin and the addons would use the same support system.

- Alan

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@alant,

I'm glad I was able to help you.