Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User Registration Email Get Two Link & First Time Login Issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
WiYa3D
Topic starter
(@wiya3d)
Trusted Member

I have two issue,

01. Once user register, user get two link that,

Username: XXXX To set your password, visit the following address: 
Link 01 - Reset Password link, which is fine/correct

Link 02 - Forum login url

Is it possible to send only reset password link in email activation registration email.

02. When new user register and user follow, Reset Password to set the password. Once user set the password link redirect/refresh to login url. However in first time user login from reset password page redirect login page redirect to wordpress user dashboard. Is it possible to change this.

I use the WPFORO user login/registration. And I don't want to mess login redirect to previous page with this initial user login redirection to wordpress dashboard.

What did I miss, can you help me to improve this user experience.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi

Posted by: @rapid3dme

I have two issue,

01. Once user register, user get two link that,

Username: XXXX To set your password, visit the following address:
Link 01 - Reset Password link, which is fine/correct

Link 02 - Forum login url

Is it possible to send only reset password link in email activation registration email.

wpForo Password Reset email contains only reset URL, I guess you have a plugin which makes changes on the email.

Posted by: @rapid3dme

02. When new user register and user follow, Reset Password to set the password. Once user set the password link redirect/refresh to login url. However in first time user login from reset password page redirect login page redirect to wordpress user dashboard. Is it possible to change this.

I use the WPFORO user login/registration. And I don't want to mess login redirect to previous page with this initial user login redirection to wordpress dashboard.

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members Tab and check that the "Custom Authorization URLs and Custom Redirection URLs after following actions:" fields are empty.

4 Replies
WiYa3D
(@wiya3d)

Trusted Member
Posted by: @chris

wpForo Password Reset email contains only reset URL, I guess you have a plugin which makes changes on the email.

01. I see, anyhow I have already disabled the previous login plugin

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members Tab and check that the "Custom Authorization URLs and Custom Redirection URLs after following actions:" fields are empty.

This setting will not help that it always redirect user to some fixed paged after login. That I want to keep redirection of previous page functionality

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rapid3dme,

Where do you want to redirect your user after Login?

WiYa3D
(@wiya3d)

Trusted Member

@chris 

Issue is for user initial/first time login and after reset password option used it will always redirect to Wordpress dashboard. I think for initial/fresh login or reset login should be redirect to WPFORO profile page.

Because I want to keep the user redirect to previous page functionality, when user login from anywhere of forum page.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rapid3dme.

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members Tab and Insert the needed URL in the needed fields "Custom Redirection URLs after following actions"