Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Adding membership to wpforo

9 Posts
6 Users
11 Likes
(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

I, too, and trying to figure out the best way to make the Forum a paid membership to the Forum only. I appreciate the information shared here so far.

My website is a combination blog and Forum. I'd like everyone to have free access to the blog, but for the Forum, I'd like to have free members (that I invite), as well as paid members for people to register and pay to have access to the Forum.

From reading here, it seems that Simple Membership can do this (although I have not tried it yet). 

I realize the posts here are from earlier this year - are there any plans on adding a feature that is built-in to wpForo that involves various levels of membership - paid and free access? That sure would solve a lot of issues!

Learning as I go....

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: thedrawingboard

I realize the posts here are from earlier this year - are there any plans on adding a feature that is built-in to wpForo that involves various levels of membership - paid and free access? That sure would solve a lot of issues!

Learning as I go....

I'm sorry but it's not planned in 1.x.x versions. We'll work on this for sure in 2.x.x versions. Maybe we add some integration with popular paid membership plugins soon.

(@thedrawingboard)
Trusted Member

That's awesome! Thank you!

I really appreciate how responsive you are to new feature requests. I realize not all requests can happen, but from reading through this Forum over the past two weeks since I started - I am really impressed!

I KNOW I chose the best forum plugin for our needs!

Thanks again!

Page 2 / 2