Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Attachment media location for separate gallery page

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@upcyclerlife1)

Hi! 

Just a question regarding the location of where media attachments go once they are posted on the forum and how I can use them elsewhere in the site. 

I can see that all media attachments end up in the wp-content folder -> default attachments. Is there a way which all attachments from a forum category can be put into a separate folder?

I am looking to create a gallery of the media attachments which have been posted in one category, 'projects show and tell' and display the images including links to the forum post on this page.

My thoughts are that if I can get all of the media attachments just for the 'projects show and tell' category in one separate folder I can then somehow create the gallery page this way.

I know it might not be entirely wp-foro related but any help on this would be great! As this is something my forum members would massively appreciate.

My site is upcyclerlife.co.uk

Thanks in advanced and thanks so much for creating this plugin!

John

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @upcyclerlife1,

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings> Features admin page and check the  "Insert Forum Attachments to Media Library" option. If the option enabled you will be able to manage forum attachments in Dashboard > Media > Library admin page. Then you can manage the attachment as you need.

More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-settings/features/#media-library