I had a user report not being able to upload an avatar, and I have since been able to duplicate his issue. When I upload his photo, it spins as if thinking and then refreshes the page, but no avatar. It does not give an error message of any kind. Attached please find my settings. Can you assist? Thanks.
Before uploading an avatar (since you can replicate it), press F12 and watch your browser console for errors.
If this is empty, enable debug to a log (for Wordpress) and check in there for errors.
Also wpForo tools have some tools to check for issues. Is that reporting anything?
Also not sure if related or not (but you must fix it), your pages show an error:
@dimalifragis, @chris: This is the strangest thing. I tried the following:
- Checked console and logs and there is nothing unusual
- Logged in as a different user and confirmed avatars can be uploaded
- Tried uploading a completely different picture to the user in question and it worked
- Tried saving the image as a PNG instead of JPG and it still did not work
- Edited the photo to make it different, saved as a JPG, and it still did not work
There seems to be something about the picture of this guy's dog that wpForo just doesn't like! Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.