Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Avatars Not Uploading

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

I had a user report not being able to upload an avatar, and I have since been able to duplicate his issue.  When I upload his photo, it spins as if thinking and then refreshes the page, but no avatar.  It does not give an error message of any kind.  Attached please find my settings.  Can you assist?  Thanks.

-- Aaron

9 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Before uploading an avatar (since you can replicate it), press F12 and watch your browser console for errors.

If this is empty, enable debug to a log (for Wordpress) and check in there for errors.

Also wpForo tools have some tools to check for issues. Is that reporting anything?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Also not sure if related or not (but you must fix it), your pages show an error:

GET https : // log. pinterest . com/?type=pidget&guid=byuLZGLNGFY0&tv=2021110201&event=init&sub=www&button_count=0&follow_count=0&pin_count=0&profile_count=0&board_count=0&section_count=0&lang=en&nvl=en-US&via=https : // peakprosperity . com/community/&viaSrc=canonical[HTTP/2 400 Bad Request 296ms]

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @aaronmckeon,

Uploading another JPEG image gives the same issue?

Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

@dimalifragis, @chris:  This is the strangest thing.  I tried the following:

• Checked console and logs and there is nothing unusual
  • Logged in as a different user and confirmed avatars can be uploaded
  • Tried uploading a completely different picture to the user in question and it worked
  • Tried saving the image as a PNG instead of JPG and it still did not work
  • Edited the photo to make it different, saved as a JPG, and it still did not work

There seems to be something about the picture of this guy's dog that wpForo just doesn't like!  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks.

-- Aaron

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon,

The Image resolution can be the reason, It can be so big that uploading is not available for it, you can use online tools to resize the image from Default big resolution to 1280x608px(example size). And try again.

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@chris Resizing the image to 1280px wide did the trick.  Can you add a suggestion to your list to provide feedback to the end-user if their avatar exceeds some maximum resolution?  This might help avoid this issue in the future.  Thanks again for the help!

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon,

It depends on how big is your PHP Memory Limit, To set a higher PHP Memory Limit you need to contact with your hosting.

You can check your PHP Memory Limit at Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard > Server Information field.

Page 1 / 2