Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Buddypress activity stream integration issue

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kevlew)
Eminent Member

My wpforo posts stopped post to buddypress. Is there something I need to do to reset or something?  The option is enabled in features. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: kevlew

My wpforo posts stopped post to buddypress. Is there something I need to do to reset or something?  The option is enabled in features. 

It'll not post an activity in these two cases:

1. The forum or the topic is private, they are not available for guest. wpForo doesn't post content to BuddyPress if the content is not available for guest.

2. Topic or replies had unapproved status. Approving of unapproved posts will not post in activity. this will be added in next version.

(@kevlew)
Eminent Member

Both are not the case.  It is not private and I am an admin my posts are approved. I actually like it will not post in buddypress until approved first. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It works fine on all our tested websites .The problem in your website and we need admin access to check and find the site specific issue. Please send it to support[at]gvectors.com email address. We'll take a look on that within a day.

1 Reply
(@kevlew)

Eminent Member

I have a case opened via Support on this.  Two issues actually.  If you are the one actually working on our site can I get an update? Someone logged in our site with the admin credentials I provided but didn't provide any update.  Frustrating as I was a director of global customer service center and know this is not best practice to not provide an update.  

Topic starter
(@ehyland)

For the most part it does appear to be fixed, but could you possibly add some clarification on how to fix the "Last Post" issue? It does not appear to be filtering out posts from private boards at all. I have disabled all caching in the wpforo settings (Member, Object, Memory, and HTML), and flushed out the entirety of the wpforo cache. When I did that, the private post that was showing as the last post DID disappear, but as soon as I put a new post in that thread, there it was again. My site doesn't have any of its own caching plugins that could be interfering as far as I know, and we have multiple private boards, deleting the cache everytime someone makes a post there just isn't feasible.

Page 2 / 3