Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Buld delete or Move topics

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

From what it looks there isnt this functions and is absolutely needed in big forums.

If there please advice.

In the other forum scripts there is a box to click next to every topic,

and a moderation button at the bottom of the list, delete move to , make sticky or unsticky,etc

I have to move about 3000 topics is impossible to do it.

Imagine to move from here or delete 500 topics how muck work and time needed.

6 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I have been running and moderating forums for 20 years now (not counting by BBS era) and i never had that need. I mean to move 500 or 1000 or 3000 topics.

Also doing that would highly upset any google indexing and ranking.

This is not a much needed feature imho, unless someone wants to totally re-structure his forums.

2 Replies
(@central4allgmail-com)

Prominent Member
Posted by: Anonymous20

I have been running and moderating forums for 20 years now (not counting by BBS era) and i never had that need. I mean to move 500 or 1000 or 3000 topics.

Also doing that would highly upset any google indexing and ranking.

This is not a much needed feature imho, unless someone wants to totally re-structure his forums.

@anonymous20 I do the same and it happened many times to need that.

Maybe you worked with small forums.

If i have categories with 1000+ topics and i want to brake it in 2 or 3 or 4 ,

what i should ?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

Sure. I'm not here to give lessons to anyone, just saying that never happened to me.

When a topic get big, we lock it and create a second one.

Anyway, just my opinion on what the priorities of wpForo should be or not.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

No reason to ask for sorry, but really this happened to me a lot of times, and is strange to me that you say that you never needed it.

That is the reason ALL big forums have this function.

They didnt do it for me.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Sure, there is no inline or control panel mass move function al la VB, Xenforo or IPS, but, you are not entirely without options.

It will depend on what you want to achieve;  if you want to simply mass move all topics from one forum to another you can go into Dashboard/Forums/Forums and click the delete button on the forum you want all the topics moved from, you will see an option titled "If you want to delete this forum and keep its sub-forums, topics and replies, please select a new target forum in dropdown below", check the radio box and select the forum you want the topics moved to, click the move button. Clear forum caches, control+F5 on the forum home page.

If you want to move only select topics (100s in quantity) from one forum to another then you had better be very comfortable working in phpmyadmin. How you proceed from here will depend very much on what your selection criteria is.

With either method, danger lurks so take a full database backup before commencing with any actions.

Topic starter
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Thank you @verek , i know all these and i used them to transfer smaller numbersm

My problem is when i have 300 topics, and i want to transfer only the half lets say.

There you set 100 topics per page and you start selecting. you do it 2-3 times and is done.

If i use your method all topics will move to the other category / forum as you call it.

And doing this kind of work from phpmyadmin it will be really hard to do it corecltly.

Maybe wpforo will listen my advice and add the simple click box next to each topic and moderation button .

Thank you for your time