Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Cached Pages

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member

Hi, I'm having difficulty with pages not refreshing, presumably due to cache issues. I use W3 and presume there is a setting somewhere that I can recache all pages affected each time a user posts a comment, or do i just have to set it so the pages aren't cached at all (which is a worry for performance). Help!

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi SamHunter,

wpForo is not compatible with W3 yet. Try to find some option to disable cache for logged in users. This will work well for forum members.

We use WP Super Cache here, this plugin has an option to disable cache for logged in users. All logged in users can see all posts lifetime.

Topic starter
(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member

Hi Robert,

W3 does have that option and it mostly seemed to work for logged in users. Occasionally though it would present the main forum page without old info. Of course, logged out users were always presented with the old version of the page until I manually cleared the cache. For this reason I have disabled the cache on the .../community/  page. I'm presuming this disables it on all sub-pages too but have yet to fully test.

I will also try WP Super cache if you guys use it with your setup and find it to be okay.