Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can I request a dashboard setting to change the TEXT message?

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

The message I want to "edit" or control is:

You don't have permissions to see this page, please register or login for further information

I want to change the message because I have a specific registration page, and a specific login page.  But more than that, this is a generic message.  I want it to be quite a bit more welcoming and friendly.

To have this text available in the "settings" or "dashboard" for wpforo would be wonderful, and to use the default wordpress editor to change it.

All that said, for now if there is a text file I can change it in, I'd like to know?  Yes, I realize there is a language translation for other languages (hence the consistency), but for now, control over the text in English is good enough.

Thank you kindly,

Dan

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@dlinstedt,

All wpForo phrases are located in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page. You can find and translate each phrase as you like. 

If you can’t find some phrase at first navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Rebuild phrases], then try to search the phrase again.

IMPORTANT: If you did some change in phrases, please don’t forget to delete phrase cache in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.