7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Hello,

Last summer, I edited the phrase on the registration page under "Username" to say "Length must be between 3 characters and 25 characters." Unfortunately now, I cannot find this phrase to edit it again. I have edited phrase #262 (which seems to be the phrase associated with username registration) and I have cleared the caches, but it doesn't affect the phrase on the registration page.

Any clue what might be the problem? Thank you.

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @rosabeth,

Please Go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboards and press the Rebuild Phrases Button, after go to Forums > Phrases and find The phrase you need, insert the translation, save it and Press Delete Phrase Cache button from Dashboard > Forums > Dashboards.

And if you have cache plugins, exclude wpForo from it. Read the topic below to get more information about cache:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Hi @Chris, thanks for the reply. I've just tried your instructions a couple of times and unfortunately it didn't update the phrase. I hit the Rebuild Phrases button, then altered both phrases #262 and #487 to the new translation I need, and then hit Rebuild Phrase Cache. There was no change on phrase with the registration page. As far as I can tell, we have no cache plugins installed on our site, so I'm puzzled.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rosabeth,

Please give us a screenshot of the issue.

Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Here you go:

I have no issues with clearing the caches when doing other things on the site, so I don't think that could be the problem.
1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rosabeth,

You're translating the wrong phrase

Find this phrase:  Length must be between 3 characters and 15 characters

Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

*facepalm* I have just realized what the problem is. I set up that phrasing in User Custom Fields, and that's why I couldn't find it anywhere under Phrases. We migrated to wpForo at the beginning of the pandemic last year and I completely forgot about this! Thank you for your patience and help; it's fixed now.