Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Can't change the default cover photo.

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@oscar)

Hello, 

I have seen this topic has been posted before however after following the previous steps I still can't fix the problem and this is slightly different. 

I am unable to update to default cover photo on WP Foro, I changed the default photo from the stock photo to one of my own however it now seems to have stuck with that one picture. I am able to change the photo back to the stock one if I press reset, however if I then choose something different it ignores it and goes back to my original image. Could someone please help. Thanks! 

6 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@oscar I believe the default one is located at /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/assets/images/ I think it's called profile-bg.jpg just overwrite that one with your desired photo, just name it exactly like the original (back up the original just in case).

Doing this also allows you to set a higher quality photo, the default one it's usually very low quality. Now you don't want to set a huge photo there, make sure it's very optimized, or it will slow down your forum if many people look at your member's profiles.

Now, the underlying issue on why you cannot change it by normal means, might be a permissions or cache issue. Let's see if someone else can help you with that. If you make a search in this forum, I'm sure you'll find topics about that, I'm sure I've seen that issue popping up here from time to time.

Topic starter
(@oscar)

@realact Thanks for your help! sounds like a good work around for now, How do you overwrite the original? I can't change the URL? 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @oscar,

Have you tried to delete the caches? Please go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and find the [Delete all caches] button. 

Topic starter
(@oscar)

Hi @robert, Yep that was the first thing i tried, unfortunately no luck, I also don't have any cache plugins installed. 

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@oscar,

Then this is probably a file permission issue or JS error in the dashboard caused by other plugins. Press F12, got to Console tab of the browser debugging tools and check red lines. Make sure there is no JS errors. 

Page 1 / 2