Notifications
Clear all

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
 ziv7
Topic starter
(@ziv7)

Thanks for this amazing plugin, looks very professional.

But let's admit it, the "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." is a pain!

I just installed the plugin but get this error message when trying to configure the forum.

For example, I get that error when i try to load the following page: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpforo-base-settings

See attached a screenshot from my _wpforo_usergroups table!

My "roll user group synchronization" feature is enabled.

My "Forum - Usergroup" select box, on my WP profile (as admin),  is set to "Admin (1)".

What else can be done to make this plugin work?

I have woocommerce installed on the same website, does it have something to do with this error?

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

I've found the following article that might be helpful for you:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/fix-sorry-you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-page-wordpress?ppc_campaign=google_search_generic_hosting_all&bidkw=defaultkeyword&lo=9062693&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwir2xBhC_ARIsAMTXk86czRhooBAr67jVRfbh1elDrLxB9xRgnTfO1TvLJNH8BZWiOjiesasaAgAAEALw_wcB

1 Reply
 ziv7
(@ziv7)

Posted by: @sofy

Hi,

I've found the following article that might be helpful for you:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/fix-sorry-you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-page-wordpress?ppc_campaign=google_search_generic_hosting_all&bidkw=defaultkeyword&lo=9062693&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwir2xBhC_ARIsAMTXk86czRhooBAr67jVRfbh1elDrLxB9xRgnTfO1TvLJNH8BZWiOjiesasaAgAAEALw_wcB

Thanks, already tried these tips.

I think that it has to do with the forum-specific settings because I do not have such issues with other pages on this website. What do you suggest?

Will it help if I give you admin credentials in a private message?

ziv7
Topic starter
(@ziv7)

I just realized that these 2 links lead to some forum settings pages (see screenshot attached), and when i click on them i get an error page) BUT I can still reach these EXACT PAGES if i navigate to them via the "forums > settings" page.

Strange!

However, is it safe (security-wise) to just maintain the forum via the menu options, and ignore these errors when visiting these settings pages directly via links like this /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpforo-base-settings ??

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@ziv7 

It seems that a security plugin is causing the issue.

However, is it safe (security-wise) to just maintain the forum via the menu options, and ignore these errors when visiting these settings pages directly via links like this /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpforo-base-settings ??

The message is only available to high-level users (admins and moderators), so there's no need to worry.