Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Change Screen Layout To Full Screen & Add Additional Blocks

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Marc Lesley
Topic starter
(@marc-lesley)

Hello Can You Help?

I wish to be able to change the layout to full screen instead of a narrow template in the centre of the screen, but I'm not sure how too.

Also, I have been trying to add blocks (headers and footers) to the template but this crashes the page and I have to deactivate and reactivate the forum plugin!

Is there a specific way to add additional blocks along with this forum plugin?

Regards

Marc

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@marc-lesley,

All you've mentioned are out of wpForo scope. They should be configured from your WordPress active theme. Try to edit the forum page and find the page template settings. If there isn't any, contact the theme support and ask them to help you customize the full weight template.

7 Replies
Marc Lesley
(@marc-lesley)

@robert

Thanks for the information Robert.

I will double check my templates capabilities.

However, it is also the adding of additional blocks that causes the page to crash, advice states that:

Forum page only contains [wpforo] shortcode. You can edit this page and put content before and after wpForo shortcode. All changes will be displayed above forum menu and below forum footer statistic bar.

And, further advice says:

wpForo page  is being created with default settings and it may not inherit your theme layout settings. If your active theme has advanced options for pages (layout, header, footer, sidebar and other settings), we recommend edit wpForo page and configure them as well. This is very important if you want forum page look similar to other pages.

What is this?edit wpForo page and configure them as well.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @marc-lesley

What is this?edit wpForo page and configure them as well.

This is exactly the same what I mentioned in my last post. wpForo is loaded in your WordPress page, the page layout and style is based on your theme, so you can click the edit button in the top admin bar and edit the forum page, it's one for all forums, topics and posts. The whole forum is loaded in one page.

Marc Lesley
(@marc-lesley)

@robert

Hello Robert thanks for the extra info'. . .

Im not sure wether it is my web template or wether its a membership issue, but, I do not have the 'customise' or 'edit page' symbol in the navigation bar!

I will contact wordpress to see if they can advise

Many thanks for the help.

(@martin)

Support Team

@marc-lesley,

You can find that page in Dashboard > Pages admin page. The page name should be Forum and when you edit it you'll see [wpforo] shortcode.

Marc Lesley
(@marc-lesley)

@martin

Hello Martin thanks for the info. . 

However I have followed your steps and. . .the screen looks like this

Marc Lesley
(@marc-lesley)

and then when I try to add blocks, the page freezes and will not load, and I have to delete the plugin and start over!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @marc-lesley

and then when I try to add blocks, the page freezes and will not load, and I have to delete the plugin and start over!

You've done something wrong, or you have some plugin which conflicts with wpForo for sure. In any case this should not happen. The shorticde is a simple shortcode, and it should be saved when you save a page, so I have no idea why it would freeze. It works like a simple page, you can add a new block wherever you want in the page.

Next tame make a screen record, so we could see what's going on. It should work like this, please see this GIF (repeating) screen record: