Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Change the Size of the Forum

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@123toid)
Eminent Member

The size of the forum leaves a lot of unused space.  Is there anyway to expand the sides to take up more room?  My site it: www.toidsdiyaudio.com

I feel like this is a simple fix with either CSS or a setting that I am just clueless about.  Thank you.

8 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

It is not the forum but your theme. Your blog post for example are the same width as the forum page.

Topic starter
(@123toid)
Eminent Member

I have heard people say that.  But every theme I have tried is exactly the same.  

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: 123Toid

I have heard people say that.  But every theme I have tried is exactly the same.  

wpForo just "takes" the space provided by your theme. Some themes have an option to use FULL PAGE width (in page properties). Apparently this is what you want, still it is a theme issue and not wpForo.

(@crisw)
Reputable Member

The size of the forum leaves a lot of unused space.  Is there anyway to expand the sides to take up more room?  My site it: www.toidsdiyaudio.com

I feel like this is a simple fix with either CSS or a setting that I am just clueless about.  Thank you.

Hi @123toid . I checked out your website.  If I may suggest ... 🙂 

1) You can Hide the Forum Page Title. You can do that by going to

1.1) Forum Settings
1.2) Click the Features Tab
1.3) On the third row, where it says "Show Forum Page Title" - select NO
1.4) Scroll down and click the Blue "Update Options" button.

2) You can also put the CSS Code below at:

2.1) Forum Settings
2.2) Click the Styles Tab
2.3) In the Custom CSS Code box, copy the code below:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap {
font-size: 13px; width: 100%; padding:0px 15px; margin:0px;
}

2.4) Scroll down and click the Blue "Update Options" button.

The above Custom CSS Code is what I use on my Forum and the margins align with my WP theme. (I'm attaching screenshot of how that code looks on my Forum).  You might want to try it. But, it will follow the margins as set by your WP Theme.  I think the "blank spaces" seem more pronounced because you are using the dark theme for your forum.  Your site looks great!  

I hope that helps. Good luck and God bless you! 🙂

1 Reply
(@123toid)

Eminent Member

Thank you @crisw  I really appreciate the help.  I did what you told me and it did not work.  But I do appreciate you trying to help out.  I guess I will look for another theme in hopes in making it larger.  Thanks again.

(@crisw)
Reputable Member

Thank you @crisw  I really appreciate the help.  I did what you told me and it did not work.  But I do appreciate you trying to help out.  I guess I will look for another theme in hopes in making it larger.  Thanks again.

@123toid  . You are welcome.  Well, another suggestion is to try a WP Theme that have the "Full-Width" page layout as well.  I know that the WooCommerce Theme called "StoreFront" has Full-Width , maybe you can try that too.  Good luck!  🙂 

Page 1 / 2