Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Changed slug, now changing topic page doesn't work

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@tuckndar)

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's an error on my part, but when I change the forum slug and create a new forum page with my preferred shortcode: [wpforo item="forum" id="4"] I cannot change to the next page with the next 10 topics. 

I want the main forum URL to be crystalpalace.no/forum/ and lead directly to the only subforum there is, which the above shortcode does, but that won't work with the pagination so I'm unsure if there's some simple setting I should change or if this is a bug or some hard coded leftovers or if there may be some clash with another plugin.

my forum is at https://crystalpalace.no/forum/ which works as intended except this error. However, if I change to crystalpalace.no/community/ the pagination works as it should, but I'll have to go into the sub-forum. 

Any pointers are helpful, thank you!

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The forum base URL is one for all, you can't it change for pages with custom shortcode. Please don't do this. Forum base URL can be managed in Forums > Settings admin page. The main forum page with [wpforo] sortcode should not be deleted. All shordcodes are only designed to show to first list, but paginations and links go to the main forum page with main forum slug.

In other words pages with custom shortcodes are not separate forums, they are just a list of current view but all content is linked to the main forum page and being opened under Base Forum URL/Slug.

Topic starter
(@tuckndar)

First of all, thanks for moving my post to the correct forum...

I did change the base URL in the Forums > Settings page, but I still find this behaviour somewhat odd. I'm not sure I understand the point of the shortcodes to take me to the correct forum ID, when this can't be used with pagination, to be honest. 

Thanks anyway though, I'll see if I'm able to hack the code to suit my needs.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm not sure if I see you. But pagination works just fine on your forum:

https://crystalpalace.no/forum/palace-forum/paged/2/