Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] HELP! Locked out of my account!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@obara)

Hello all.

After installing wpForo some time ago, I no longer log in to my Wordpress site through the Wordpress log in, but only through the Forum log in. Fine. I can live with this, no big deal.

However, for the past 2 days I have been repeatedly prompted to answer this math question to prove that I am not a bot every time I try to log in to my blog. Once I answer the math question, I'm just re-directed back to the log in page. I try again, same thing: solve this math problem.

Ok, I solve it again.

Yet again, I am re-directed to the log in page, and this absolutely frustrating cycle continues over and over and over and over again. Sigh. Help please. I have no way of entering my website right now, and it seems to only affect my log in. What do I do?

5 Replies
Topic starter
(@obara)

Actually, I take it back, it does not only affect my account. I've received an email that another member is unable to enter their account as well.

2 Replies
antonM
(@antonm)

Estimable Member

Have you tried login via  http://yoursite_domain/wp-login.php ?

Maybe plugins conflict...

(@obara)

Hi AntonM,

Thank you for responding. I have tried your method and it has worked, thank you. However, before now, this method did not work for me, it would only re-direct me to the forum log in. Is there anything I can do about this for the future? Or would I have to de-activate the plugin when it happens so that I can enter my site as normal? And if I deactivate it and reactivate it, will the forum topics remain or disappear?

Thanks for your assistance.

antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

You are welcome Obara. I don't know, each WP installation is very individual. It depends of your hosting settings, installed plugins etc...

Topic starter
(@obara)

Got it. I'll figure things out.