wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Color - navigation bar

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
 Zeni
Topic starter
(@zeni)

Hello,

I'd like to change the color of the navigation bars, but looking at the color settings, it only gives me numbers. Is there any way to find out what exactly it changes?  It's a bit tedious by trial and error. 😉

Thank you!

Nicole

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Zeni,

The top navigation bar colors are:

• The forum primary color (blue/active menu): #12
  • The other part black color: #3

These colors are related to other parts.

If you want to make individual change you can use Custom CSS:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-active, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu li:hover, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current-menu-item, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current-menu-ancestor, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current-menu-parent, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu .current_page_item{ background-color: #DD0000 !important; }
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu {background-color: #00DD00;}

gian
(@gian)

Hi, we still struggle to change the color. of the navigation bar. We apply the changes, but nothing happen.

Can you please help with this?

Thanks

(@ocbroadband)

Gian.  I am going through the same thing.  To make things a bit more obvious, change 1 item at a time, and make it some obscure color like red, so it stands out.  Then do a full refresh on the site.  Its probably easier to have 2 windows open while you do this, so you can just go back and forth between a site window, and the admin style page.  Yes, it is tedious, but not as much this method.  I got mine pretty close, but as I was informed in my post, the next version will have some form of documentation indicating what is what, which should make things much easier to adjust to our liking.  🙂