Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] content characters must be greater than 2

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@brucegyoung)

I have the advanced attachment plugin installed and have used the My Media Link to upload pdf files as well as a images files in various formats and a mp4 video file.

I have no issues when I want to add a pdf or image file to a topic or a reply but when I try and add a video file I get the following error message and the save function does not work.

"content characters must be greater than 2"

5 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@brucegyoung

Try this,  Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts

and set

• Minimum length of the topic content

and

• Minimum length for post content

value to "0"

3 Replies
(@brucegyoung)

@tutrix Thanks for the response. Unfortunately when I try and do that and save the settings, it returns the values for both to 2 and generates a message " Value must be greater than or eqaul to 2"

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@brucegyoung

ok, read this post https://wpforo.com/community/postid/47038/

maybe that will help you too

(@brucegyoung)

@tutrix Thanks. Made the changes in the Anti Spam tab but still generates the "content characters must be greater than 2" message when I try and save.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

At the moment there is no way to submit an empty topic or post, even if you attach some file.

You can do a small hack in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts admin page, press F12, open browser console, and change the value of min attribute for both options, then set 0 for  in both option fields: