Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Deleted Usergroup - Lost Admin Access

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@zim119)

Hello-

I'm having an issue with accessing my administrator access.  My admin account had a secondary usergroup that I deleted and re-assigned as Subscriber.  My account now seems to be caught in limbo where it has 2 usergroup definitions.

When I go to my User setting in WP, it lists me as a Subscriber, and it doesn't seem like I can't change that.  When I go to the wpForo usergroup settings, I don't appear under admin.  When I scroll down to view User Roles, it DOES list me as an admin.

I am able to view and select all settings.  However, the forums tab displays nothing (although I can Add a forum) and when I visit my actual forum page I can only see the top menu.  I have used another account and the forum displays fine. 

Any advice on how to fix this?

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @zim119,

Please use another admin account, go to your account edit page in Dashboard > Users > Edit user screen, set you Role as Administrator and set your Forum Usergroup as Admin. then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click on the [Delete all caches] button.

Topic starter
(@zim119)

Thank you!  I had to turn off the account sync function to do that, but then it worked.