Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Multi-site credential sharing?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@banewilliams)

I want to make it so that way a user that signs up to the main site also gets a forum account created and logged into. This seamless integration is important for an end user.

I know about the custom authorization URLs from reading this link, but that's replacing my main site registration with forum registration, which isn't entirely what I'm after. (I read about that here: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/single-wordpress-and-wpforo-login-credentials/ )

Is this possible? Do I need to consider a third party plugin or addon for it? Is there a term for what I'm trying to do so I can do my own research?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @banewilliams,

wpForo doesn't have separate account for the Forum, it uses WordPress(website) account, so if the user registers in your website he can access to the forum with that account.

Howether wpForo also has own Registration, Login and Reset Password forms which can be enabled and disabled from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Feature tab:

• Replace Registration Page URL to Forum Registration Page URL
  • Replace Login Page URL to Forum Login Page URL
  • Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL

These are just forms, if you have your own form for your website, you can just disable them.