Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Disable automatic page refresh if not all fields entered

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@nick584)

Hi there,

I am using the threaded layout. When a new user selects a forum, adds a title and types up their submission, if they click "add post" without inserting author name or author email the page will automatically refresh and remove their entire submission without saving any of the progress. When the page refreshes a red box in the upper right corner will appear stating "Please insert required fields".  I imagine this will be incredibly frustrating for new users who do not know they must insert author name and author email.

You already have the feature I want, but it only appears in certain cases. For example, if the new user were to only type their submission (but not include a topic title) and click "add post", this time the page will not refresh and a box will appear next to topic title saying "!Please fill out this field". I would like that same feature to appear if the user forgets to add author name or author email. 

Thanks for any help. Sorry for the longer post.

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @nick584,

This will be fixed in the next version update.

Topic starter
(@nick584)

Thanks for your help. Can you send the snippet of javascript that automates the "!Please fill out this field" when a user tries to post?

I'm guessing I can manually update the code to include author name and author email as required fields with the Custom JS plugin. 

This is time-sensitive work as it relates to Covid-19. Your help is much appreciated.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@nick584,

We've already fixed the  "Required fields validation issue in the topic editor for guests".

Please update the wpForo plugin to the latest v.1.7.4.