Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Does each member need to have a unique email address?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sworden)
Eminent Member

The users for our forums are going to be both parents and their children who are looking for math help.  Many of the children do not have individual email addresses, but use a parent's email address instead.  The way the forums are set up, parents will have read/write access to all forums and subforums, but the children will only have access to student forums.  There will be separate forums where only parents can ask questions.

So my question is, can I set up 2 or more users with individual usernames, but use the same email account?  These parents are not going to set up individual email addresses for their children.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi sworden,

wpForo user system is fully based on WordPress users system, WordPress only allows unique email addresses. If you can customize WordPress then wpForo will work fine as well.

Topic starter
(@sworden)
Eminent Member

Robert,

Thank you for the information.  That makes sense.  In light of this information I've discussed the issue further with my colleagues, and we've decided that if parents want their children to have their own accounts they will have to set up an email address for them.  This really is the simplest solution.