wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Enhancement Request: Add Custom TAB to Profile

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

Hi Team,

First off, thank you for such a wonderful forum.  wpForo software is great.  I'm aware of the add-on for custom fields, but that won't quite do what I would like.

I am interested in adding a custom tab to the members profile screen - when they click the tab, it executes a new page display (most likely HTML, embed, or short-code)  I need to pull data from an API on an LMS, and a testing/certification platform and display it on the members profile.

It would be awesome to have a "custom tab" component be available (I'd be happy to pay extra for the add-on).  This way, I could eliminate Ultimate Member completely.

The other thought or question would be: using the custom fields add-on, how hard would it be to "add a custom field type" that is: embed, or HTML, or shortcode driven?  This is an interesting option, but not quite as flexible as a complete new tab (because I don't have the entire screen to leverage).  But it would work.  Is it possible to embed a shortcode or html & javascript in a custom field today?

Thoughts?

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)
Posted by: @dlinstedt

I am interested in adding a custom tab to the members profile screen - when they click the tab, it executes a new page display (most likely HTML, embed, or short-code)  I need to pull data from an API on an LMS, and a testing/certification platform and display it on the members profile.

I've just asked our developers about it and currently, I'm waiting for the response from them. I'll update the topic asap.

The other thought or question would be: using the custom fields add-on, how hard would it be to "add a custom field type" that is: embed, or HTML, or shortcode driven?  This is an interesting option, but not quite as flexible as a complete new tab (because I don't have the entire screen to leverage).  But it would work.  Is it possible to embed a shortcode or html & javascript in a custom field today?

The allowed field types are:

Text, Email, Phone, Url, Date, Color Picker, Number, Password, Drop Down, Radio, Checkbox, Textarea, File Upload, Avatar, Usergroup, HTML.

Mote info here: https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-user-custom-fields/

Alvina
(@alvina)

I'm really sorry, but there is no way to do this.

Is it possible to embed a shortcode or html & javascript in a custom field today?

yes, you can create the custom <HTML> type, in this type you can use the WordPress shortcode, HTML code and etc.

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I understand there is no way currently to do this.  I am asking for a custom development (willing and happy to pay for an extension/ add-on) for this.  I will file this with gVectors contact form.

For the HTML fields, thanks, will check it out.