Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Fatal error - Call to undefined method wpdb::db_server_info()

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kwinkidink)

Just updated to 1.9.8 and it threw a fatal error.  I fixed that by replacing the WPForo folder with a previous install.  Moved everything over to a clone and it did the same thing.  This is on a ClassicPress install and things have been working great up until this update.  Please help me figure out what I am missing.  Here is what its showing;

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method wpdb::db_server_info() in /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php:118 Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(127): wpForo->use_mysql8()
#1 /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(112): wpForo->__construct()
#2 /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(1153): wpForo::instance()
#3 /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(1158): WPF()
#4 /var/www/html/warc/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include('/var/www/html/w...')
#5 /var/www/html/warc/wp-admin/plugins.php(172): plugin_sandbox_scrape()
#6 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/warc/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php on line 118

4 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

hi @kwinkidink,

Please make sure your WordPress version is 5.5.0 and higher, or don't update wpForo. We'll try to make it compatible with lower version of WordPress in next update.

1 Reply
(@kwinkidink)

@martin   THANK YOU!

(@martin)
Support Team

Ok, we've updated the core files in wordpress.org plugin directory. You should deactivate (not uninstall) wpForo, then delete the plugin and install it again.

1 Reply
(@kwinkidink)

@martin Great work guys!  Thank you for supporting the ClassicPress community!