Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Why is it displayed as an email address instead of a subscriber display name?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
tayo
 tayo
Topic starter
(@tayo)
Trusted Member

Hi,

I set up an email notification. But there is one problem.

I used [member_name] shortcode, but why is it displayed as an email address instead of a subscriber display name?

By any chance, did I make a mistake? Or do I need a separate setting?

Thank you.

3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

@tayo,

Sometimes users use their emails as login and nickname, so it becomes as display name. Try other users or register a new user with a normal (non-email) username and display name.

2 Replies
tayo
 tayo
(@tayo)

Trusted Member

@martin 

You were right. As a result of testing a new subscriber, it was displayed normally. However, existing subscribers are still marked by e-mail. So I changed their display name myself, but it didn't work.

But even in this case, I have confirmed that the shortcode "[mentioned-user-name] - Mented user display name" is normally displayed.

So I'm curious. Why does the display name appear normally when mentioned, but not when answered?

Is there no way to solve this?

Both mentioned and answered display names are the same, but is there a reason why shortcode([member_name] & [mentioned-user-name]) should be applied differently? If the problem exists in this case, I think it's a good idea to unify them all into normal working shortcodes([mentioned-user-name]).

Thank you.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@tayo,

Again, all these issues are user specific issues. This is not the plugin core issue. Some users have registered with their email as username, so it has been saved in many places and the simple changing of display name doesn't help. All problems come from database data, there is no any issue with the plugin functions.