Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] feature missing: no "can view poll" permission

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

To whom it may concern: I have shut off "can view topic" - which works great, but I have a POLL attached to the topic.  I noticed that today there is no "can view poll" permission....

So, the topic is hidden, but the poll displays.  See my attached screen shot. 

Please add this permission to the permissions box so we can control whom sees the poll along with whom can and cannot respond to the poll.

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should use the "Can view poll result" and "Can vote poll" permissions for that purpose. There is no separate VIEW permission for polls. If you don't want users to see poll it means you don't want to vote and see results.

Topic starter
(@dlinstedt)
Trusted Member

I understand your statements however I did have both of those permissions "turned off" (ie: can vote poll  and can view poll result)  they are both off, and yet still - the poll itself is visible.  So I am afraid what you are telling me is happening (that the poll will be hidden with this), is actually not happening.  The topic is hidden, the reply is hidden, but the poll is still visible.

What should I do to "hide the poll"???

Thank you kindly,

Dan

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Make sure you've deleted all caches in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page. Then open a support topic at gVectors team support forum. All issues related to Addons are being supported at gVectors Store website: https://gvectors.com/forum/