Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Font styling of forum and site profiles

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@lifegrinder)

Is there a way to change ALL text, everything you see in the forum and in the site profile, all to 1 font?

1 Reply
(@crisw)
Reputable Member

Yes.  If there's a will there's a way.  🙂  I also changed my forum's font to 1 font. 

But that is not changed from within wpForo, but changed on your own WP Theme file.  You would have to tweak your WP theme files to do that (your WP theme's css file, just change the "font-family" part). 

OR you can also hardcode it on the WP theme's "header.php" file.  That's what I did since I made my own WP theme.  🙂 

NOTE:  Please back up your php file first, in case you want to tweak your WP theme file, so you can go back to it, if in case it doesn't work for your own WP theme. 

A useful command to memorize and remember ALSO is Control Z = which is UNDO, so in case you mess up any code, just do not close the opened tab that you are working on, and it will revert to the former state.  🙂

Another disclaimer, I have very minimal plugins on my site, so I would know which are conflicting plugins, less is more, for me.  🙂 ) 

So try the code below at your own risk.  I'm just sharing what worked and works for me, in the hope of helping.  🙂 

All that being said .. here's my "How" I changed my Forum and WP website's font to 1 font: 

As an example, if I wanted to change the font to "Roboto" (or "Arial" as a back up font, if other viewers can't be shown Google's Roboto font)

On your WP Dashboard, 

1. Go to "Appearance"
  2. Then Editor
  3. Select theme to edit
  4. then under "Theme Files"
  5. Select "Theme Header" (header.php)
  6. Then, add the code below the <head> area:
<head>

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto" rel="stylesheet">

body, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p {
font-family: "Roboto", "Arial", sans-serif;
}

</head>

And that should change the fonts for the website (body), the headings (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6), and the paragraphs (p)

I hope that helps.  Let me know if it works.  It worked on my site and forum.  Good luck and God bless you.  🙂