Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum is down again!

105 Posts
6 Users
28 Likes
(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @dimalifragis

[05-Aug-2021 1035 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query SELECT *, CASE
WHEN `type` = 3 THEN 0
WHEN `type` = 4 THEN 1
WHEN `type` = 7 THEN 2
WHEN `type` = 6 THEN 3
WHEN `type` = 5 THEN 4
WHEN `type` = 9 THEN 5
WHEN `type` = 8 THEN 6
WHEN `type` = 2 THEN 7
WHEN `type` = 1 THEN 8
ELSE 9999

Hmm.. these are the Wordfence plugin queries. I think it's either Wordfence causes lots of issues itself or it fights against DDoS attack overloads the server and database.Β 

It's time to disable Wordfence for a while.

2 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Also, I'd recommend save the error.log files (in the root and the one in /wp-admin/ folder) and remove them from the server. I think they are very large, and they can slow down the error reporting. Also, the WordPress debug mode should be disabled as well, it affects website speed.Β 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin The problems were happening before wordfence, i installed it to try and stop it.Β 

Β 

I have deactivated the plug in now, and turned off the debug

Β 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I really do not understand. Turning off the debug log because it slows down? And how would you know this LONG list of issues without a debug log?

And how will you know when it is fixed?

Sorry, but i do not get it. Again you all are making circles.

3 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

@dimalifragis,

This suggestion was only for another debugging purpose. So if the debuting is disabled the problem is solved, then all is good. If the problem exists you should enable it back.Β 

BTW, I cannot find any information about the downgrading of wpForo. Have you already downgraded it to 1.9.7?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @martin

@dimalifragis,

This suggestion was only for another debugging purpose. So if the debuting is disabled the problem is solved, then all is good. If the problem exists you should enable it back.Β 

BTW, I cannot find any information about the downgrading of wpForo. Have you already downgraded it to 1.9.7?

Why are you refering to me? Not my site, not my issue. @macky is the OP. Me, just helping.

And excuse me but i do not follow what you are saying, so i better step back on this topic.

Β 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@martin The problems all started before i added word fence. Wordfence was there to try and stop the issue but it continued

I havent downgraded yet, I was running a debug to see if the isse was found a Dima found some in my error logs and post them here πŸ™‚Β 

Any idea on a way t fix this other than downgrading?

Do the error logs tell you anything?

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

forum is down again πŸ™ I have had enough now! No one can find the problem, its my host, it swpforo, its my host, its wpforo....... I feel like im not ever going to get this fixed!!!!!Β 

Β 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

OK, time to down grade to the previous version, I feel like it is the only option i have left, how can i do this?

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Host gave me this said it is 100% to do with databases nothing to do with the server, I just have to dinetify which plug in is doing itΒ 

Page 7 / 10