Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] New Members getting Banned Message

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@kellymartinspeaks)

Hi I'm having issues with new members posting. Which could put people off coming back. Some members after posting a post, go back to see if the post has been posted (I moderate so it would take a few hours anyway) and when they do this the forum says the user has now been banned. Why is this happening and what can I do to stop it?

Thanks

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@kellymartinspeaks,

I'm sorry, but your post is not informative. Please ask that user to take a screenshot, I need to make sure this is wpForo message. In any case, please check that user status in Dashboard > Forums > Members admin page and make sure he/she is not banned. wpForo doesn't have auto-banning functions.

3 Replies
(@kellymartinspeaks)

@robert hi I have asked for a screenshot and she told me when trying to reply to my message she got this. I just checked the banned section and several members were in there, but I didn't ban anyone. I'm the only administrator on the website.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@kellymartinspeaks,

Ok, then you should disable the "Ban user when spam is suspected" option in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab. This option is disabled by default. It seems you've turned it on.

(@kellymartinspeaks)

(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Could be done to askimet banning people automatically, check there if youre using that 🙂Â