Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Forum login screen doesn't accept password, but WP login screen does

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jekstrand)

Tried searching forum to make sure Im not asking something already answered and couldn't find anything.

Issue having is that when using password on forum login screen it says invalid password, but when using the word press login screen it takes it. Its as if some disconnect happened on site? Anyone seen this?

6 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Please make sure the same user exists in these admin pages:

• Dashboard > Forums > Members and
  • Dashboard > Users
1 Reply
(@oscar72)

I've the same problem. If I access the site from the wordpress panel I'm automatically connected to the forum, but if I logout and then I try to access to the forum using the same credentials in the wpForo login, it tells me that the password is incorrect, or  else it opens a page with the notification:

Error 500

The server encountered a syntax error, and could not complete your request.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi oscar72,

I think you have the same problem causer plugin activated in dashboard. Please deactivate all plugins and test it again.

1 Reply
(@oscar72)

I did another test. On the Forums>Settings I have enabled the "Enable User Registration email confirmation" feature. Then I registered me with a new email address from the wpForo "Top menu bar". I received the confirmation email and I clicked on the link that led me to Wordpress panel access, where there was a preset password. Once I've customized my password and given it ok, it reopens the Wordpress panel telling me to log in. I try to sign in with the user and the password I just created, but wordpress don't accept it, the password appear incorrect. But if I go back to my site and try logging in from wpForo "Top menu bar" with those same credentials, these are accepted. It welcomes me and makes me log in to the Forum.

I verified that the new user I created is present both in “Dashboard> Members” and in “Dashboard> Forums> Members”

It's as if Wordpress inscription and wpForo inscription are two separate things between them.

(@oscar72)

Hi Robert,

I unfortunately do not have a self-hosted site, but a business plan on wordpres.com, so there are plugins like jetpack that are installed by default that I can not disable. Are there other solutions that I can adopt?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: oscar72

I did another test. On the Forums>Settings I have enabled the "Enable User Registration email confirmation" feature. Then I registered me with a new email address from the wpForo "Top menu bar". I received the confirmation email and I clicked on the link that led me to Wordpress panel access, where there was a preset password. Once I've customized my password and given it ok, it reopens the Wordpress panel telling me to log in. I try to sign in with the user and the password I just created, but wordpress don't accept it, the password appear incorrect. But if I go back to my site and try logging in from wpForo "Top menu bar" with those same credentials, these are accepted. It welcomes me and makes me log in to the Forum.

I verified that the new user I created is present both in “Dashboard> Members” and in “Dashboard> Forums> Members”

It's as if Wordpress inscription and wpForo inscription are two separate things between them.

wpForo is designed for self-hosted WordPress websites. I'm sorry but I can't debug this issue and help you. wpForo is not developed for such usage. WordPress.com authorization may have some difference, we have not developed wpForo for WordPress.com so we can't help you in this case.